A field of eighty gathered for the Lara Natural Health 10 km handicap at Geelong Grammar School yesterday. The wind on the exposed parts of the course was quite strong and the runners enjoyed a tail wind on the return journey after battling the elements on the outward leg. It was limit marker, Marie Blood, who was able to hang on to win by 40 metres from Julian Colebrook with Matt Szymczak a couple of strides back in third. It was the ninth club win for Blood who has run the highest number of club events by a female. The leaders in the battle for the club championships, Rachael Thompson and Daryl Burns, extended their leads by comfortably being the fastest on the day.
Top 10 Placings
M. Blood, 75:27; J. Colebrook, 56:12; M. Szymczak, 45:53; G. Anset, 47:03; J. Larsson, 50:15; D. Elson, 60:27; P. Galvin, 48:34; N. Angus, 51:18; J. Morton, 57:52; D. Wright, 37:25.
- Under 40 Male: D. Burns 36.45, M. Minney 37.24.
- Under 40 Female: R. Thompson 41.51, E. Lewis 44.51.
- Veteran Male: D. Wright 37.25, L. Haines 38.03.
- Veteran Female: S. Pedersen 44.00, S. Andrews 45.55.
- Masters Male: M. Clayton 39.53, M. Humphrey 42.43.
- Masters Female: N. Angus 51.18, K. McFadden 53.32.
- Legends Male: D. Elward 42.18, S. Crossfield 45.35.
- Legends Female: P. Galvin 48.34. J. Morton 57.52.
- Supervets Male: J. Walker 50.34, F. Engelsman 54.26.
- Supervets Female: D. Elson 60.27, F. Barnett 69.09.
- Magic Money: M. Szymczak 45.53