A mild autumn morning greeted the 79 starters gathered for the running of the Active Feet 6.5 km handicap at Belmont Park. The moderate breeze kept conditions comfortable.
It was Barney Ellis who won by 100 metres from Dianne Shiells with a similar margin to Gerry Fitzpatrick. It was Ellis’s maiden victory in his 48th club race.
Damien Turner had a margin of a minute in the battle for fastest time honours whilst Rachael Thompson was the fastest female by a slender margin from Sharon Pedersen.
Colin Hatton was acknowledged for reaching his 200 run milestone.
Top 10 Placings
B. Ellis 29.40, D. Shiells 41.38, G. Fitzpatrick 33.39, V. Gasper 28.29, S. Thompson 27.17, F. Fitzpatrick 38.07, M. Morton 25.42, D. Burns 23.23, D. Churkovich 29.55, L. Pye 31.21.
- Under 40 Male: L.Drady 23.09, S. Orr 23.23.
- Under 40 Female: R. Thompson 27.58, M. Crawford 31.05.
- Veteran Male: D. Turner 22.05, D.Burns 23.23.
- Veteran Female: S. Pedersen 28.06, L. Solly 32.12.
- Masters Male: A. Ward 25.41, S. Pretty 30.41.
- Masters Female: R. Kimpton 28.37, S. Howell 29.39.
- Legends Male: K. Walker 26.23, K. McNulty 27.09.
- Legends Female: P. Tindall 32.25, P. Galvin 32.34.
- Supervets Male: V. Gasper 28.29, G. Clark 31.31.
- Supervets Female: C. Bridgland 43.13, F. Barnett 44.06.
Next Sunday’s race is a 5 km at Saints Baseball Field, Pioneer Rd, Waurn Ponds, Melway Ref 465 D6 at 9:00 a.m. New members and invitation runners most welcome. Registrations close at 8:40.