Perfect racing conditions greeted the 87 starters in the Darrawill Farm 5 km sealed handicap along the Waurn Ponds Creek bike path on Sunday.
Damien Turner and invitation runner, Matt Egan, ran together for four kilometres until Egan surged ahead to win by 50 metres. The female section was more clear cut with Kate Bramley having 300 metres to spare from invitation runner, Jane White.
When handicapper Dan applied the hidden handicaps, it was the winners of the first two club races this season in Fiona Fitzpatrick and Barney Ellis who continued their fine form and were this time successful in the Frontmarkers and Middlemarkers divisions respectively. Matt Maiden had his first club win in taking out the Backmarkers whilst Eloise Gordon proved strongest in the Newcomers section.
Everything is gearing up to the club’s 50th Season Celebration on June 25th with ticket enquiries to [email protected]
Frontmarkers: F. Fitzpatrick 28.29, Middlemarkers: B. Ellis 21.24, Backmarkers: M. Maiden 19.51, New and Returning Runners: E. Gordon 27.21.
- Under 20 Male: M. Jones 22.30, L. Van Ingen 23.38.
- Under 20 Female: P. Moloney 21.07
- Under 40 Male: M.Egan 16.22, R.Egan 17.28
- Under 40 Female: K. Bramley 18.12, E. Conroy 21.39.
- Veteran Male: D. Turner 16.34, D. Burns 17.23
- Veteran Female: J. White 19.31, S.Pedersen 20.29.
- Masters Male: A. Ward 19.04, M. Clayton 19.25.
- Masters Female: R. Kimpton 21.09, S.Howell 21.47.
- Legends Male : K. Walker 19.47, K. McNulty 20.11.
- Legends Female: P. Tindall 24.07, P. Galvin 24.10.
- Supervets Male: V. Gasper 21.11, J. Walker 25.20.
- Supervets Female: D. Elson 31.04, F. Barnett 32.22
Next Sunday’s race is a 4 000 metre teams relay at Barwon Valley Park Melway Ref 451 G 8 at 9:00 a.m. Registrations need to be submitted to by 9:00 a.m. Saturday. New members and invitation runners most welcome. More information please visit this link.