A perfect morning for running welcomed the encouraging field of 70 who turned out for the running of The Injury Clinic 8 km handicap at Fyansford on Sunday. The testing course designed by Paul Austin proved a formidable task for all.
It was Ray Meesen who handled the conditions best to win by 30 metres from Stephane Vander Bruggen with Michael Morton a further 50 metres back. Having joined in 2014 and being plagued by injury, it was Meesen’s first win at his 97th start.
Madeline Crawford was the fastest female while Pat Hagan was again the fastest male, consolidating his lead in the club championship. John Willigen was congratulated on reaching his 300 run milestone. Thanks to the course directors and the many marshalls for ensuring the event ran smoothly.
Top 10 Placings
R. Meesen 41.51, S. Vander Bruggen 30.32, M.Morton 32.19, J. Walker 43.11, F. Engelsman 44.07, P. Galvin 40.59, M. Crawford 36.49, G. Clark 40.16, D. Woodberry 39.58, R. Solly 36.35
- Under 40 Male: P. Hagan 28.21, E. James 29.42.
- Under 40 Female: M. Crawford 36.49, K. Bahari 40.19.
- Veteran Male: S. Vander Bruggen 30.32, L. Considine 30.41.
- Veteran Female: L. Brennan 37.37, K. Wright 41.22.
- Masters Male: J. Foran 34.53, R. Solly 38.36.
- Masters Female: N. Angus 43.32. F. Fitzpatrick 52.46.
- Legends Male: K. McNulty 34.47, Z. Coric 37.50.
- Legends Female: P. Galvin 40.59, J. Austin 44.22.
- Supervets Male: D. Elward 34.03, P. Fuller 38.32.
- Supervets Female: C. Stephens 44.32, F. Barnett 56.57.
- Magic Money: J. Willgen 55.19.
Next Sunday’s race is a 15 km sealed handicap race starting at Barwon Valley Park at 9:00 a.m. New members and invitation runners most welcome. Registrations close at 8:30 a.m.