A field of 72 lined up in pleasant conditions for the running of the Carol and Terry Crawford Funerals Memorial 8 km handicap at Waurn Ponds on Sunday. President Kevin McNulty provided a fitting tribute to members who have passed away.
It was the sponsors’ daughter, Madeline Crawford, who flashed home to win by 30 metres from Alan Jenkins with Marcus Gniel showing a return to form only 15 metres further back in third place. It was Crawford’s third sash for the season, having already won two heats of the sealed series.
Kate Bramley and Pat Hagan were again fastest of their gender. Fred Barnett was congratulated on reaching her 300 run milestone.
Top 10 Placings
M. Crawford 35.51, A. Jenkins 41.18, M. Gniel 38.31, G. Clark 39.34, K. Bramley 30.19, C. Crawford 41.41, J. Walker 43.04, N.Angus 42.23, S. Vander Bruggen 30.40, M.Orelli 50.57.
- Under 20 Male: J.Peart 34.55.
- Under 40 Male: P. Hagan 27.58, E. James 29.07.
- Under 40 Female: K. Bramley 30.19, M. Crawford 35.51.
- Veteran Male: T. Van 28.56, E. Kelly 30.09.
- Veteran Female: J. White 33.40, L. Brennan 36.07.
- Masters Male: A. Ward 34.09, J. Foran 34.43.
- Masters Female: S. Andrews 40.04, C. Crawford 41.41.
- Legends Male: K. McNulty 34.12, K. Walker, 36.23.
- Legends Female: P. Galvin 41.42, J. Austin 43.30
- Supervets Male: D. Elward 33.36, P. Fuller 36.57.
- Supervets Female: C. Stephens 42.52, F. Barnett 55.47.
- Magic Money: P. Balgobin 54.00.
Next Sunday’s race is an 8 km handicap race starting at Anglesea Surf Club at 9:00 a.m. New members and invitation runners most welcome. Registrations close at 8:30 a.m.