A field of 677 athletes faced the starter in the 34th Geelong Half Marathon held on Sunday in ideal weather conditions for such a long race, although heavy overnight rain meant there were a few patches of surface water to contend with.
In one of the closest finishes in recent years, Dane Verwey held on to win by 6 seconds from Richard Johnston. The female winner was Danni Rogan who scored the win decisively.
Another 99 runners tackled the shorter 5 km event won by James Cruse and Amy Fawcett respectively.
Congratulations to everyone who participated and supported today!
A huge thanks to our volunteers & sponsors who had a presence on the day & behind the scenes, we love the community surrounding the Geelong Half Marathon to support raising funds for the Andrew Love Cancer Centre.
- Under 20 Male: F. Larcombe-Brooks 101.17.
- Under 20 Female: E. Howes 98.47.
- Under 40 Male: D. Verwey 71.49.
- Under 40 Female: D. Rogan 82.14.
- Veteran Male: J. Dalton 75.43.
- Veteran Female: E. Edd 85.32.
- Masters Male: G. Simpson 77.50.
- Masters Female: M. Vincent 92.26.
- Legends Male: P. Rushton 84.40.
- Legends Female: S. Neild 103.23.
- 5km Male: J. Cruse 15.58.
- 5km Female: A. Fawcett 17.36.