Despite the dire forecast, no rain fell during the running of the Ark Sports Recovery 8 km handicap at Fyansford on Sunday. A dedicated field of 84 took to the new course which replaced the flood damaged Inverleigh venue.
It was Hamilton Mack who relished the tough course to win by 200 metres from Luke Haines with Alan Jenkins a further 40 metres back in third. Mack had put the writing on the wall the week before when second at Portarlington and this win was his first in his twenty-sixth race.
Alana Plymin was the outright fastest with Luke Considine being the next fastest.
Top 10 Placings
H. Mack 31.20, L. Haines 31.01, A. Jenkins 39.07, E. Baeck 40.35, D. Wright 31.00, R. Wright 41.25, E. Gordon 42.46, S. Thompson 36.32, M. Morton 32.57, K. Walker 34.09.
- Under 20 Male: J. Peart 32.58.
- Under 20 Female: T. Costin 39.53, C. Paul 42.44.
- Under 40 Male: H. Mack 31.20, L. Green 32.01.
- Under 40 Female: A. Plymin 30.49, K. Bramley 33.13.
- Veteran Male: L. Considine 30.52, D. Wright 31.00.
- Veteran Female: D. Giannios 38.20, R. Ryan 42.13.
- Masters Male: N. Rashid 37.20, C. Hayes 39.42.
- Masters Female: S. Pedersen 36.51, E. Sims 41.39.
- Legends Male: K. Walker 34.09, K. McNulty 35.02.
- Legends Female: S. Howell 37.06, P. Galvin 44.15.
- Supervets Male: D. Elward 35.15, V. Gasper 40.39.
- Supervets Female: C. Stephens 45.12, J. Austin 46.23.
- Magic Money: E. Baeck 40.35.
Next Sunday’s race is the Canoe Club 5 km sealed handicap starting at 9:00 a.m. New members and invitation runners most welcome. Registrations close at 8:30 a.m.