We aim to give all runners a reason to continue to race and enjoy the sport.
- In simplistic terms, the handicap is based on your best 5km race pace over the last 15 races. For the majority of members, the system sets your handicap with no input from us.
- Members become eligible to win after six races. The more races you do, the more likely you will be racing for a win.
- For longer races above 5km, equivalent pace is adjusted according to accepted formulas. Slower runners are assumed to slow more than faster runners over longer distances.
- Winners incur a penalty for 20 races, but if they continue to run well, they will still finish towards the front end of the field.
- By-Law 11 regarding marked improvement will be enforced by the handicappers and the protest co-ordinators.