The field of 80 in the Active Feet 6.5 km handicap at Barwon Valley Park were faced with an unseasonably warm morning. The occasional shady patches along the Barwon River path were much appreciated by the runners.
It was frontmarker Travis Ingles in his 69th club race who defied the efforts of three times most impressive award winner, Dave Elward, to win by 150 metres. Ingles joined in 2009 and won a race in his first season. He returned last season after a few years away from the club and has trained more regularly.
Pat Hagan confirmed his favouritism for the club champion award by easily being the fastest male whilst Sue Andrews was clearly the fastest female.
Top 10 Placings
T.Ingles 37.18, D. Elward 27.18, P. Posterino 24.15, S. Curtain 25.58, K. McNulty 27.42, D. Churkovich 30.35, K. Walker 27.16, P. Galvin 31.52, E. Kelly 23.58, S. Andrews 29.59.
- Under 40 Male: P. Hagan 21.54. D. Hargreaves 23.13.
- Under 40 Female: K. Bahari 32.09, J. Bish 33.50.
- Veteran Male: E. Kelly 23.58, D. Wright 24.37.
- Veteran Female: L. Brennan 30.25, A. Muscroft 31.48.
- Masters Male: A. Ward 26.43, J. Foran 28.46.
- Masters Female: S. Andrews 29.59, T. De Koning-Ward 33.22.
- Legends Male: K. Walker 27.16, K. McNulty 27.42.
- Legends Female: S. Howell 30.34, P. Galvin 31.52.
- Supervets Male: D. Elward 27.18, V. Gasper 31.54.
- Supervets Female: C. Stephens 34.48, F. Barnett 44.21
The next race is the Geelong Half Marathon on Sunday, 24th April. Entries close on April 21st. More information is available here.